Men hair loss can sometimes be a frustration, and more so when the baldness starts to get obvious. Losing our crowning glory is the least we expect to go through with nowadays that science makes almost everything possible. There are countless information about its causes and cure, and knowing the essential enables determination of the most appropriate solution.
1. Men hair loss happens when keratin or hair cell production in the follicles declines. It is called involutional alopecia and commonly occurs at age 40. The other type is androgenic alopecia that is caused by an increased level of androgens in the follicles. This hormonal imbalance is hereditary and can start as early as a person's teens and frequent in those who take steroids. Men experience receding hairline followed by a thinning crown.
2. Emotional and environmental stress triggers hair loss. The tension in the brain stiffens the scalp muscles, and blocks the transport of essential nutrients. Circulation of the blood is also obstructed, thus the hair follicles do not get enough oxygen it needs to stay in good shape. Minutes of gentle scalp massage can ease out the stress, and promote secretion of natural oil-a key factor in healthy hair growth. Relaxation techniques such as yoga, tai-chi, and meditation can also provide the same relief.
3. Poor eating habits result in nutritional deficiencies and cause men hair loss. Eating disorder is not just another reason for malnutrition; it can also induce stress. Vitamins C, D, E, and A, magnesium, iron, zinc, and essential fatty acids are elements necessary to boost healthy production of hair cells. They also provide the hair follicles with considerable defence against fungal infections and premature hair fall.
4. Hair specialists say that shampooing does not contribute to hair loss. It is in fact fundamental in eliminating dirt, sweat, and foreign substances from the scalp. Without proper maintenance, the scalp becomes prone to fungal infection that eventually leads to hair fall. It is also advised to moisturize the hair regularly for additional protection of the follicles. Chemical treatments such as colouring, relaxing, and perms do weaken the hair and can cause hair breakage if administered too frequently or incorrectly.
5. Drinking and smoking do not cause genetic hair loss but they can heighten problems relating to circular patches of baldness. Excessive alcohol intake results in increased cholesterol level in the body, thus affecting the liver and blood sugar levels. Smoking on the other hand, jams the blood vessels and hampers blood circulation.
Source: http://EzineArticles.com and https://unsplash.com for the awesome photo :)
Annoying but necessary - I'm not a Healthcare Professional so please check with your Healthcare Professional before changing anything concerning your well being.