A lot of people love yogurt. They consume it as a morning breakfast, snack and even dinner. But have you ever thought of how yogurt is made, where does it come from, and how can it make you better?
Yogurt is commonly made from cow's milk. The process of making yogurt involves milk with living bacterial microorganisms - this is done directly by adding these good bacteria is the yogurt - thus resulting to Yogurt with probiotics. If it has only 2 strains- then it is the normal type, and if it has 3 strains, then it is a Probiotics Yogurt. First, the milk heated to 176 degrees Fahrenheit to remove and kill any bad or dangerous form of bacteria. Also, this is done to introduce the process of denaturing - for the milk protein to form curds. The milk is then cooled to about 112 degrees Fahrenheit. After which, the bacteria culture is added, and this temperature is stabilized, up to 4-7 hours for Fermentation to happen.
This is the whole process on how Yogurt with Probiotics is made. Definitely it is both scientific, and at the same time fascinating right? As for how it can help you and make you feel better- surely you'll be surprised as well.
Here are the 5 main benefits of yogurt with Probiotics:
1. Yogurt has a lot of Calcium - it gives you enough calcium for your daily intake. An added bonus to this, is that it also contains Vitamin D. Calcium combined with Vitamin D is a winner combination for maintaining strong bones, teeth, and skin. It can help you prevent Osteoporosis, and at the same time other injuries that porous bones might cause to human beings, especially for the old people. So better, consume your own yogurt with probiotics to have this bonus effect!
2. Yogurt boosts immune system - yogurt definitely has a lot of Vitamins, and one of them if Vitamin C. According to studies, one serving of yogurt daily, gives you enough Vitamin C for daily intake. This in turn, once followed and religiously consumed, can help you prevent the not-so-good effects of common colds, cough, fever, and even mild forms of infection. Cool right?
3. Yogurt with Probiotics improves Digestion - this is a pretty obvious benefit since the fact that it has probiotics surely means that it can aid you in digestion and proper processing of food. Stabilizing the right balance of good and bad bacteria in your body can make you healthier and stronger against harmful diseases.
4. Yogurt may reduce the risk of high Blood Pressure - according to studies, consuming 2-3 servings of yogurt per day results to 50% reduction in risk of having High blood pressure.
5. Yogurt will help you avoid Intestinal and Digestive Problems - Since yogurt has probiotics, it can definitely avoid the occurrences of diarrhea- since this is basically due to the presence and imbalance of bad bacteria in our gut. Other benefits, will also include prevention of vaginal infections for women.
Source: http://EzineArticles.com and https://unsplash.com for the awesome photo :)
Annoying but necessary - I'm not a Healthcare Professional so please check with your Healthcare Professional before changing anything concerning your well being.